Do you really think you’ll ever escape situations like this? Learn to ENJOY them with EET!
Hey Mr. EET:
I’ve had a great week EETing, but I know me. I have been “saving up” for the Super Bowl Party we’re going to on Sunday. I don’t want to pig out and gain all the weight I lost this week in just a couple of hours. HELP!
Frightened Football Foodie
Congrats on a great week! Don’t worry, if you follow the Guidelines of the EET Fitness Plan, then three simple steps should change EVERYTHING about the way you handle Super Bowl eating without calorie counting, food restrictions or ANY LOSS OF ENJOYMENT:
1) HAVE A PLAN – NO — HAVE A FUN PLAN!
If you show up for the party with the notion you are gonna “just eat a little”, “stick to the healthy foods”, or “stay away from the food”, then you are reading the wrong blog, you probably meant to GO HERE.
EETers should take 2 minutes (REALLY just 2 minutes) and write up a REALISTIC, FUN plan that allows them to eat ALL THE FOODS THEY LOVE AND ENJOY EVERY BITE. And binging to the point of guilt is clearly not enjoying your food–remember you still have an EET treat meal to enjoy EVERY OTHER DAY TOO – so why overdo it on this one day?!
2) PREPARE FOR GAME DAY
In a way, you have a game to win on Super Bowl Sunday too — and EET gives you all the tools you need to execute your WRITTEN game plan (if you don’t want to write a game plan GO HERE because that’s not EET)
I personally will be using ALL of the following tools in preparation for my “Big Game”
1) Review EET’s Holiday and Eat Out Meal Guidelines (Available in EET’s Forum) – Sunday morning, and will carry a printed version with me in my pocket too–doesn’t matter if I look at them, they will help me just being in my pocket!
2) Watch the following videos from EET’s Member Video Library
24. Grazing is the Devil
10. EET’s Golden Rule
11. EET 10511 Water, and Meal Guidelines (think FIBER at least!)
18. Creating EET’s Metabolic Windows
(if you watched ALL of the above videos it would take you 16 minutes–not a bad investment if it lets you LOVE your Super Bowl Party!)